Thursday, November 18, 2010

Preparations for ESV and Afterwards

Returned from studying French in Montreal at 6am Saturday morning Nov 13. After a quick nap, a morning game of pickup frisbee at Prospect Park with AyJy. After returning, I spent the afternoon and evening reviewing and planning for the clearness committee meeting and repacking for the upcoming trips.

Sunday Nov 14 was a full day of Quakers. After the 11am meeting for worship was a 2 hour meeting for business, followed by my hour and a half clearness committee meeting, clerked by AyJy. The clearness committee grilled me on my mental preparedness for the ESV trip, and was equally forthcoming with offers of help, in forming my "support" committee. The committee meeting ended about 5:15, after which we returned home.

We left the house at 6am on Monday, took a "New Century" bus to Philly, and arrived at Swarthmore by SEPTA at 10:30. Chris Densmore gave us a great tour of the Friends Historical Library, and then we went to visit some Swarthmore professors.

We took the Amtrak leaving Tuesday afternoon to Indiana to visit AyJy's family. The library here is open 10am to 7pm and has great internet, so I'll be camping out here most every day crunching applications etc. AyJy came out today (Thursday) to study and help me out.

I should remind myself that the process is the goal. The goal is the process. What a nice library, and what a great afternoon!

No comments: