Sunday, May 17, 2009

Performance Goals and Evaluation

Here's an updated list of the performance areas, weightings, and descriptions:
  • MDT - Meditation - 2.0 - I want to do 2 x 15min sessions of stretching + medititation every day - one in the morning and one at night. I get 1.0 point for the first 15min session, and anonther point for the second.
  • AER - Aerobic Exercise - 0.5 to 2.0 - I get these points for doing the equivalent of 30min of aerobic exercise. An hour of off-and-on basketball, or an hour of straight jogging or swimming would count. (See ANA)
  • ANA - Anaerobic Exercise -1.5 - I want to do 1/2 hour of strength-building exercises about every three days. (Maximum of 2.0 points total on any one day from AER and ANA combined.) (link to list of exercises) (link to descriptions and images)
  • ONT - On time - 2.0 - This is a catchall category for respect and punctuality. I start with full points on any given day, and if I am unable to fulfill any committments, or am poorly prepared for a meeting etc., then I start losing points.
  • BED - Bedtime and sleep - 1.0 - If I woke up at a reasonable time and got 7+ hours of sleep last night, then I get 0.5 points for today. The other 0.5 comes from lights out at a reasonable time tonight and getting enough sleep again.
  • FUT - Future - 1.0 - Future planning, personal goals review, planning curriculum changes, getting taxes done ahead of time, etc. Did I do something forward-looking today? +1.0!
  • AHE - Ahead of Schedule - Since I am no longer a fulltime student, I will now use the following three criteria:
  1. At work, did I do a good job at work today getting ahead of schedule? At home on weekdays, did I work for ~1+ hours on studying that is due more than 24 hours into the future?
  2. For the weekend, did I do 4 hrs of homework planned to be do more than 24 hours into the future?
  3. An ideal way to evaluate these benchmarks is to set 1-hr or 4-hr equivalent goals each morning, so that if I get the tasks done more efficiently than previously expected, then I get to keep the points with reduced time spent. :)
So those are the categories, which is most of the relevant information at this point anyways. I'll post more info about my weekly and monthly reviews... when I have started doing them!!!

No comments: